Music beats cancer blog
Updates from Music Beats Cancer
THE UNEQUAL CANCER BURDEN IN THE LGBTQ COMMUNITY
According to a 2021 survey, approximately 80% of people worldwide identify as heterosexual. The remaining 20% identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, asexual, pansexual, queer (LGBTQ), or
CANCER IN THE LGBTQ COMMUNITY: A COMPLETE OVERVIEW￼
An LGBTQ Pride survey from 2021 declares that around 80% of the global population is heterosexual. The other 20% identify as lesbian, gay, bisexual, pansexual, asexual, or
THEORETICAL IMPACT OF A NUCLEAR WINTER ON CANCER SURVIVAL￼
The term ‘nuclear winter’ was first coined in the 1980s by scientists using climate models to assess the impact of nuclear war on life on
CANCER RISK OF OPEN-AIR NUCLEAR WEAPONS TESTING
The first-ever nuclear weapon on Earth was detonated on July 16, 1945. Before this moment in World War II, little to no attention had been
IS THERE A LINK BETWEEN NUCLEAR EXPLOSIONS AND INCREASED CANCER RATES?
In these uncertain times of international conflict and rising tensions between nuclear-armed countries, it’s a question more people are asking. What happens after a nuclear
LONG-TERM EFFECTS OF NUCLEAR WAR ON CANCER RATES AND MORTALITY
The nuclear age officially began in 1945, when the first nuclear weapons were tested in the United States and then used in warfare against Japan.
CANCER RESEARCH FUNDING THROUGHOUT THE U.S. HISTORY
The first documented case of cancer in history comes from ancient Egypt from around 1500 BC. It was a case of breast cancer, which ancient Egyptians treated
Music Beats Cancer Campaign Aims To Fix The Broken Referral Process For Cancer Patients
Music Beats Cancer, a 501(c)3 charity, has joined Hawaii-based digital health startup TeleMedicX in a charitable crowdfunding campaign to solve the broken referral process for cancer patients. In the
How Much Funding Goes To Childhood Cancer Research?
The National Cancer Institute (NCI) estimates that in 2021 in the United States, there were around 15,590 children and adolescents from the age of 0
How Is Cancer Research Funded In The United States?
According to a survey conducted by the American Society of Clinical Oncology, 73% of Americans believe that the government should be spending more on finding
Everything You Need To Know About Cancer Research Funding
Cancer research is the foundation of our understanding of the disease and developing new treatments. Without special facilities and equipment, as well as dedicated researchers
Will We Ever See A World Without Cancer?
Cancer is a disease that has affected millions of people all over the world – in fact, in 2020, there were a total of 18.1