How is B1OS addressing the critical healthcare gap in Ukraine?
B1OS wants to provide every EVERY Ukrainian citizen, medical institution and relief organization with the B1OS HealthPass® solution. In doing so, this will support medical professionals, hospitals and clinics on the ground throughout the EU who are delivering essential care to refugees.
B1OS is a New York based health tech company positioned to address this humanitarian crisis. B1OS has developed a mobile application (B1OS HealthPass®) that can identify and authenticate individuals and their health information using end-2-end encryption and blockchain technology. The solution enables an easy AND secure way to share medical data with medical professionals who are unfamiliar with patient cases. Also, individuals can utilize the solution to directly communicate with their family as well as locate medical professionals and institutions in a new city or country.
The mass exodus of refugees into neighboring countries has created yet another unforeseen issue: Doctors and nurses face the daunting task of addressing the medical needs of millions. Perhaps one of the biggest challenges for the recipient medical community is the inability to easily access medical records, particularly of those with chronic illnesses who need immediate attention. Forbes reports on the global effort to evacuate children with cancer from Ukraine and the difficulties in providing continuous care due to lack of accurate medical information.
What is the key product development milestone you seek to fund?
The following development is necessary to launch the B1OS HealthPass® throughout Ukraine and neighboring countries, to enable more efficient and effective medical care to all those in need:
- Expand the B1OS HealthPass® to include support in all local languages of countries caring for Ukrainian citizens.
- API integration (Application Programing Interface), to existing medical record systems of hospitals and clinics on the ground in Ukraine before they are destroyed. This allows for efficient and secure transfer of medical data to the online B1OS solution, creating continuity of care for people being displaced throughout Ukraine and refugees fleeing to neighboring countries. To date, over 6.5M people have been displaced and over 3M have fled Ukraine, with little to no access to their medical information.
How will funds be used?
Your tax-deductible contributions will be used for direct and immediate support of the following: (Note, all services included below are budgeted for one year)
- $100,000 – Integrate 9 local languages necessary to support all displaced Ukrainian citizens and organizations providing medical care throughout the EU (Ukraine, Poland, Romania, Moldova, Hungary, Czech Republic, Germany, Slovakia, Bulgaria)
- $100,000 – Send a team to Poland and other surrounding countries to support the effort for a minimum duration of 60 days (prepared to extend if needed).
- Donated – Deliver the B1OS HealthPass® solution at NO COST to all of Ukraine and neighboring countries caring for Ukrainian refugees. This includes setting up and supporting all infrastructure and software necessary to expand our online B1OS solution in the EU, adhering to data and privacy regulations.
- $100,000 – Deliver phone and online support to individuals, medical institutions and relief organizations, in local languages.
- $100,000 – Support medical organizations with mobile devices (iPads, tablets, mobile phones) where needed to have access to the B1OS HealthPass®.
- $150,000 – Hire engineering staff in Poland and Ukraine to augment product support in the EU.
- $100,000 – API integration to existing medical record systems of hospitals and clinics on the ground in Ukraine, before they are destroyed. This allows for efficient and secure transfer of medical data to the online B1OS solution, creating continuity of care for people being displaced throughout Ukraine and refugees fleeing to neighboring countries. (To date, 11M Ukrainians have been displaced with little to no access to their medical information).
What key resources have/will you acquire to facilitate the accomplishment of the above product development milestone?
The B1OS team is supported by both medical and humanitarian professionals who are equipped to immediately help us establish key relationships on the ground in Ukraine and neighboring EU allies: Gaelle Mogli, Founder & CEO of ConnectAID, a UN spokesperson; Dr. Frances Hughes with connections to the UN High Commissioner for Refugees, the WHO and other global medical organizations; Derek Yach, a physician-epidemiologist and public health expert also with connections to the WHO.
These strategic relationships will enable us to rapidly scale delivery of the B1OS HealthPass®.
If this initiative fails to reach its funding goals how might this impact the crisis in Ukraine?
Having access to the right health information at the right time is critical, especially for the most vulnerable already battling chronic illnesses. The B1OS HealthPass® is a viable solution for an urgent time. Without having this capability in the hands of individuals, medical institutions and relief organizations, the world would miss a pivotal opportunity to provide the first-of-its-kind universal, borderless, digital health information solution, in a time of crisis.
B1OS is positioned to do this immediately. You can help by donating to this initiative now!
ALL DONATIONS ARE TAX DEDUCTIBLE AS PER US TAX REGULATIONS. Upon submission of your contribution an email will be sent with our tax ID information for your records. Thank you for your support!
Make Your Pledge through Wire or ACH HERE!
Message From The Founder
“With the state of our world today, especially coming out of the COVID-19 pandemic, which has shown how a microscopic virus can bring the world to its knees, that fragility should make us humble; encourage us to dig deeper to create a trusted and secure sovereign identity for every individual, to empower, educate and equip people with the support needed to reach their healthiest and highest potential.
Let our generation be the turning point where through unity and solidarity we address the humanitarian issues we face today, and together move forward with one common determination resulting in meaningful impact and sustainable change!” ~ Mary Carbajal, Founder and CEO, B1OS, Inc.